Open Data Licence – Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission (MPHEC)
This agreement is between MPHEC and You (an individual or a legal entity that you are authorized to represent). MPHEC is sharing its open data pursuant to the Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission Act, RSNB 2011 c 187 / SNS 2004 c30 / RSPEI c M-2.01.
The following are terms governing your use of the Information. Your use of any Information indicates your understanding and agreement to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use the Information.
MPHEC may modify this agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement on the MPHEC website. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the agreement in force as of the date and time you accessed the Information.
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
"Information" means information resources protected by copyright or other information that is offered for use under the terms of this licence.
“Personal Information” means “personal information” as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. P-21.
"You" means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
Using Information under this licence
- Use of any Information indicates your acceptance of the terms of this licence.
- The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non- exclusive licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to:
- Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
You must, where you do any of the above:
- Inform the MPHEC by email: (email@example.com) of publication or distribution.
- Acknowledge the source of the Information by including the attribution statement specified by the MPHEC and, where possible, provide a link to this licence. The attribution statement should be:
“Contains information provided by the Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission and licensed under the Open Data Licence – MPHEC.”
- Avoid edits or modification that could mislead or misinform an audience, or present an unbalanced portrayal.
The terms of this licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the MPHEC, will end automatically.
This licence does not grant you any right to use:
- Personal Information;
- third party rights the MPHEC is not authorized to license;
- the names, crests, logos, or other official symbols of the MPHEC; and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade- marks and official marks.
This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the MPHEC endorses you or your use of the Information.
No Warranty and no Liability
The Information is licensed “as is”, and the MPHEC excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The MPHEC or any of its employees shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
All obligations which expressly or by their nature survive termination of this agreement shall continue in full force and effect. For greater clarity, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following provisions survive expiration or termination of this agreement: Acknowledgment of Source, and No Warranty and No Liability.
This licence is governed by the laws of the province of New Brunswick and the applicable laws of Canada.
Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of New Brunswick or the Federal Court of Canada.
This is version 1.0 of the Open Data Licence – MPHEC. The MPHEC may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the information.