Proposals to the Atlantic Advisory Committee on Health Human Resources (AACHHR) for Health and Health-Related Programs
Proposals for health and health-related programs must be submitted to the Atlantic Advisory Committee on Health Human Resources (AACHHR) prior to submission to the MPHEC.
As outlined by AACHHR, a health or health-related program proposal, for the purposes of program assessment and the required AACHHR support, is one in which one or more of the following attributes apply:
- The program is aimed at training health practitioners.
- Provincial governments will become de facto employers of a significant portion of program graduates.
- The delivery or management of health-related programs may be influenced by the availability of these graduates.
- The proposed health or health-related education or training program is provided with provincial government support.
The AACHHR’s information requirements are found below:
- (AACHHR) Guidelines for the Preparation of Proposals for New Undergraduate and Graduate Health Programs
- (AACHHR) Guidelines for the Preparation of Proposals to Modify Existing Health Programs
- (AACHHR) Guidelines for the Preparation of Proposals for Termination of Health Programs
NOTE: Notwithstanding the AACHHR’s information requirements above, all health and health-related proposals must be submitted to the MPHEC using the MPHEC’s Information Requirements for new, modified and terminated programs.
For more information about the AACHHR’s process, its scope and information requirements, please contact the Secretariat of the Council of Atlantic Premiers, Health Human Resources Sector by mail at 5161 George Street, Suite 1006, P.O. Box 2044, Halifax, NS B3J 2Z1, by telephone at (902) 424-7590 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.