Working Group to Assist the MPHEC Develop Statistical Measures of Student Progress and Outcomes
Terms of reference
- To advise and assist the Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission in developing statistical measures of student and graduate outcomes. Final decisions on the determination, analysis, and publication of measures rest with the Commission.
The Committee shall:
- Review background research and definitions of proposed measures (provided by staff).
- Provide expertise and guidance/feedback to MPHEC staff in the determination of measures.
- Attend up to three meetings in a central location (based on membership) from March 31, 2008 to March 31, 2009. Additional meetings may be held by teleconference if necessary.
- The Committee will function for at least one year, from March 31, 2008 – to March 31, 2009. Its status will be reviewed by March 1, 2009 and renewed if necessary.
- Membership is open to all institutional researchers and registrars serving at Maritime institutions within the Commission's scope and is filled on a volunteer basis, up to a maximum of six members from this group. At the Forum on Research and Data Analysis co-chaired by the MPHEC and AARAO (Atlantic Association of Registrars and Admissions Officers), held in Halifax on February 26, 2006, participants were formally invited to volunteer on the working group.
- To ensure critical mass for productive discussions, quorum will be set at three members, regardless of the actual size of the membership.
- Meetings will be chaired by a Commission staff member who is also a member of the working group.
Travel to Meetings
- Committee members' travel and accommodation costs to attend meetings will be reimbursed by the Commission until March 31, 2009. After that date, funding available to cover these costs for members for any further meetings will have to be reviewed.
- MPHEC will provide the appropriate staff support to the Committee.
Yuqin Gong, University of Prince Edward Island
Dawn Gordon, MPHEC (Chair)
Garry Hansen, St. Thomas University
Elizabeth Lane, Dalhousie University
Wayne Paquet, Nova Scotia Agricultural College