The New Brunswick and Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission Finance Working Group
Terms of Reference
- To advise and assist New Brunswick's Department of Education and the Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission (MPHEC), an agency of the Council of Maritime Premiers, in ensuring the effective allocation of financial resources to New Brunswick public universities.
- The New Brunswick/MPHEC Finance Working Group is an advisory group to the Province of New Brunswick's Department of Education and the MPHEC
- The Working Group shall review, evaluate options, and/or recommend and appropriate course of action in the following areas:
- the funding allocation process administered by the MPHEC under general direction from the Department of Education. This includes, but is not limited to, the allocation of special projects funding and capital assistance to public universities in New Brunswick;
- the development of policies for the approval and allocation of funding to public universities; and
- any other work that is deemed necessary by the Department of Education or the MPHEC.
- The New Brunswick/MPHEC Finance Working Group will be composed of a maximum of six members.
- The Department of Education will nominate up to three representatives, normally from its staff.
- The MPHEC will nominate up to three representatives, normally from its staff.
- Resource persons will be appointed by the Working Group as required in order to allow it to carry out its duties properly.
- The Working Group will be presided by the Chief Executive Officer of the MPHEC.
- The Working Group will produce, at a minimum, an annual report to the Deputy Ministers of the Department of Education and the Commission.
Jean-Charles Doucet, MPHEC
Giselle Goguen, New Brunswick Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
France Haché, New Brunswick Post-Secondary Education, Tarining and Labour
Ben Mersereau, New Brunswick Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
Catherine Stewart, MPHEC